Let’s talk about the days when you want to stay curled up in your blankie and hide from the world.
EVERYONE has those days.
Maybe they don’t curl up in a blanket, but everyone has days when life feels hard, overwhelm sets in, stress is heavy and anxiety is high.
So what do you do about it?
If you are a woman, you probably want to cry, but don’t let yourself. You just get up and do what you have to do and tell yourself to stop. In an attempt to keep it all together, you ignore the feelings and throughout the day the tension builds because without realizing it, you have thoughts going through you head that you aren’t good enough, your life is a mess, or maybe you are just desperately wishing you’d feel better but are powerless with how to make that happen.
Ever have that day?
I think it’s normal.
If you have those days I’d like to share some things I have learned that can create relief. Perhaps it will help you.
* Remind yourself that this too shall pass. You have weathered storms before and you will in fact do it again.
* Take time to breathe. Go outside, close your eyes and just breathe. Sometimes the simple things will ground us.
* Read something that inspires your soul. Use the wisdom of others to support your life.
* Acknowledge your feelings. How you feel is how you feel. There is no right and no wrong to feelings. It’s just how you feel.
* Spend time with a friend. Even if its your dog. Spend time with someone who loves you.
* Put your thoughts on paper. There is something very soothing about getting those agonizing thoughts out of your head and onto a piece of paper.
* Ask yourself if you have made the problem bigger than it needs to be, or if you can just let it go.
* Dance. Music can change your mood.
* Practice gratitude. You ALWAYS have something to be grateful for. Focus on that with a big list of the smallest things you can be truly grateful for.
* Exercise. If you get moving you can change your state of mind as your body will help you do that.
* Do something you enjoy. Paint a picture, fly a kite… whatever. Just do what brings you happiness for a bit.
* And you know what else? CRY if you need to. Some days it’s okay to shed a tear and let it out.
I often talk about being strong and leading your life, and that it’s your choice to do so. I do that because I KNOW you have a power within you to live the life you want, and you deserve it.
But just because you have moments of weakness, doesn’t mean you aren’t strong. It means you are human.
Wherever you are at today, in this moment, is exactly where you are meant to be.
Have faith in the journey.
Love yourself in every moment.
And know that it’s going to be okay.